Les Katona, Jr.
Attorney at Law
Mr. Katona has more than 25 years of experience representing a variety of clients in a wide range of matters, including commercial and personal injury litigation. His clients include many well-known local and national companies.
His mission has always been to provide superior representation for a reasonable fee. Early in his career, he learned that superior representation is best achieved by acquiring a full understanding of the facts and law applicable to a particular issue. That is why he is involved in every aspect of each case he handles. He is proud to be a lawyer who rolls up his sleeves and dives into a case, working long hours to be assured of having a command of the applicable facts and of the law to achieve the best outcome for his clients.
Mr. Katona was born in Lawrenceville, New Jersey and was involved in local governmental and civic activities from an early age. He became one of the state’s youngest elected officials when he was elected to the Lawrence Township Board of Education at the age of ninteen. He served on the Mercer County Canal Commission and as a Trustee of the Lawrenceville Historical Society before moving to San Antonio, Texas.
Mr. Katona moved to San Antonio, Texas to attend law school. He fell in love with and married Holly Elise Fitch in 1993. Together they are the proud parents of Mitchell, Matthew and Megan. He is an avid soccer fan and his hobbies include weight training and the cultivation of orchids.
Mr. Katona represents clients in the defense of Products Liability Claims and lawsuits; Commercial and Business Litigation; Defense of Consumer Litigation; Fiduciary Litigation; Shareholder Dispute Litigation; Construction Litigation; Professional Liability Defense; defense of Personal Injury Litigation; Insurance Defense; defense of Employment and Labor Litigation; Religious Institutions Liabilty; defense of Libel and Slander Litigation.
|J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence,
St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio
|M.P.A., Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey
|B.A., College of New Jersey, Ewing, New Jersey
COURTS OF PRACTICE
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Western and Southern Districts of Texas
- State and County Courts of the State of Texas
- State Courts of the State of New Jersey
PAST AND PRESENT MEMBERSHIPS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- San Antonio Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Trial Attorneys of America
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- William S. Sessions American Inn of Court
HONORS AND AWARDS
- AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected for inclusion in Texas’ Top Rated Lawyers 2012
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers 2012, 2011.
- Selected for inclusion in SA Scene Magazine’s List of Best Lawyers 2012 and 2011 (Business Litigation and Insurance Defense-Commercial), 2010 and 2009 (Business Litigation), 2008 (Business Litigation and Insurance Defense – Commercial), 2007 (Business Litigation and Defense Malpractice), 2004 (Business Litigation)
SEMINARS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Motions for Sanctions: The Promise and the Peril
Presented at the annual conference of the Trial Attorneys of America, Chicago, IL. 2009
- Complex Business and Commercial Litigation
- Products Liability Defense
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury Defense
- Premises Liability Defense
- Consumer Litigation Defense (including claims against Automobile Dealers and Consumer
- Product Retailers)
- Construction Litigation (including Breach of Contract Claims, Indemnity Claims, Construction Defect Claims, Mechanics and Materialmen’s Claims and Performance Bond Claims)
- Employment and Labor Law Defense Litigation (including defense of Breach of Contract Claims, Discrimination and Retaliation Claims and Section 1983 Claims)
- Professional Liability Defense (including defense of Accountants, Architects and Engineers, Insurance Agents, Real Estate Agents and Real Estate Inspectors)
- Fiduciary Litigation (including claims against Stock Brokers, Investment Advisors, Insurance Agents, Trustees and Executors and Administrators)
- Shareholder Dispute Litigation
- Officer’s and Director’s Errors and Omissions Litigation
- Religious Institutions Liability (including Clergy Malpractice, Church Negligence and
- Application of the Ecclesiastical Abstention Doctrine)
- Libel and Slander Defense